Company: Kenny Brown Performance
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Full-time
Kenny Brown Performance is growing and looking for an EXPERIENCED Lead
Technician to work and mentor a group of technicians in a growing, fast-paced performance vehicle production and installation environment with great growth opportunities for the right candidate.
ABOUT KENNY BROWN PERFORMANCE:
Kenny Brown Performance is a dynamic, customer-centric company at the forefront of the performance automotive aftermarket. We are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions to automotive enthusiasts who demand the best. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a highly MOTIVATED and EXPERIENCED individual to join our team as a Performance Vehicle Production Lead Technician.
Lead Technician Responsibilities:
1. Quality Installation: Ensure the precise and high-quality installation of performance automotive products on vehicles.
2. Time Management: Accurately capture and record installation times for efficient workflow and project tracking.
3. Staging: Oversee and organize the staging of products before production begins for all installation and conversion jobs.
4. Project Management: Project each job by reviewing items in staging, communicating any additional products needed, and ensuring smooth execution.
5. Quality Control: Inspect, test and conduct 100-point checklist ensuring Kenny Brown quality drivability before vehicle leaves facility.
6. Vehicle Check-In and Check-Out: Conduct thorough vehicle check-in and check-out processes, documenting all relevant information.
7. Welding and Fabrication: Perform welding and some fabrication tasks as needed during the installation of products.
8. Product Assembly: Oversee assembly of products for customer orders, including shock set-up and differential coolers.
9. Customer Relations: Work with customers as needed to promptly and professionally address any questions they’re experiencing installing performance products.
Organizational, Learning AND Communication Responsibilities:
1. Workflow Management: Collaborate with team to manage the vehicle production workflow, ensuring best practice production efficiencies.
2. Documentation: Manage production work orders, paperwork, and communication with production, purchasing, accounting and sales staff.
3. Continuous Learning and Training: Continuously build knowledge of Kenny Brown products, installation techniques, and suspension tuning. Stay informed about other aftermarket products used in Kenny Brown cars. Share knowledge and train Performance Techs.
4. Technical Support: Gain expertise to answer automotive technical questions and provide support to customers.
COMPANY CULTURE AND LEADERSHIP:
1. Positive Representation: Positively represent the brand through the Company’s customer-centric philosophy.
2. Continuous Improvement: Embrace and recommend ways to improve and grow the company as well as being open to continuous change.
3. Lead by Example: Demonstrate leadership qualities by leading by example and instilling the company culture in the staff.
LEAD TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
1. Automotive Technical Expertise: Strong background in automotive technical skills, including installation, fabrication, and assembly.
2. Automotive Professional Experience: Automotive Technical degree, minimum 4 years professional performance vehicle production or Motorsports experience a plus.
2. Leadership Skills: Proven leadership experience in a technical automotive environment.
3. Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills to interact with customers, team members, and management. Proficient in Excel, Production software, and Microsoft suite of products.
4. Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage workflow, paperwork, and project timelines.
5. Continuous Learner: Willingness to continuously learn and stay updated on new products and technologies in the automotive aftermarket.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to email@example.com.