Kenny Brown Baer front 2 -piece slotted rotors are a must have for any '05-'14 Mustang GT with OE 2-piston calipers. The 14" 2-piece slotted rotors are direct replacements for the heavy factory rotors creating much better & even cooling with its curved vane rotor rings. Each rotor is 7 pounds lighter than the heavy factory rotors retaining OE calipers which eliminates 14 lbs of rotating mass,14# lighter that you can feel.
- Direct bolt-on system. Simple installation, no bleeding of the brakes required
- Features 14" x 1.15" 2-pc slotted, zinc plated rotors with curved vane rotor rings
- Directionally vaned structure acts like a centrifugal pump, advancing cooling efforts
- 2-piece design: Billet aluminum hat bolted to rotor ring reduces weight
- Seven pounds lighter than factory -14 pounds of rotating mass
- National Aerospace Standard (NAS) Rotor Hardware
- Includes: Rotor and hat assemblies
'05-'14 Ford Mustang GT, V6 with OE 2-piston caliper. DOES NOT FIT GT500 or Boss Mustang.
The slots in the rotors are a big performance improvement over stock rotors as the slots allow the hot gasses that build up between the rotor and brake pad to escape creating more even pad wear. The slots also help clear unwanted brake dust between the pads and rotors.
The centers are made of 6061-T6 billet aluminum further improving cooling and mount to the rotor rings with NAS high grade stainless hardware. The aluminum centers help keep the high braking heat away from the hub, wheel bearings and the wheels prolonging their life and performance.
Aside from a big performance improvement, the rotors add a serious performance look with the zinc plated slotted outer rotor rings with curved vanes.
Kenny Brown Speed Secret: I only use slotted rotors, never drilled rotors. With drilled rotors, you give up valuable surface area for your brake pads to grab. Additionally, when drilled rotors get hot from multiple heat cycles, they have a tendency to start cracking around the holes shortening your rotor life significantly. Ever since my early days SCCA Club Racing and through my professional racing career, I've only used slotted rotors. It's standard equipment on all my Kenny Brown GT4 Mustangs.